Positioning Platform Black as a thought leader in alternative finance
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) are the engine of the economy but often lack the cash to grow. Platform Black was created to solve this problem. By offering innovative new financing options, such as invoice trading and supply chain finance, Platform Black helps SMEs to manage their cash resources and invest in growth.
To become the online finance marketplace of choice for SMEs, Platform Black wanted to increase its brand awareness and position itself as the industry’s thought leader. With a credible brand in place, Platform Black needed to communicate its vision and, most importantly, to educate SMEs and their advisors on the range of alternative finance options available to them online.
Metia Group helped Platform Black to achieve its goals by successfully implementing a program of integrated marketing and PR activities. These included:
- Establishing awareness and preference by building Platform Black’s reputation through a media relations program that engaged with key publications aimed at SMBs and finance professionals.
- Supporting Platform Black with the creation of content for its own website and to be delivered through social channels, including LinkedIn, by the sales team.
- Created product and industry specific campaigns that were delivered through both paid and earned media channels, and also directly via the company’s own sales team using its CRM platform. Particular campaigns targeted decision makers in sectors as diverse as education and construction, focusing upon the specific financing challenges facing each sector.
- Developed and distributed Platform Black’s various audience specific newsletters which educate and explain alternative finance through thought leadership content, promote the company’s own news and achievements, and signpost positive external media coverage to customers and prospects.
- Managed Platform Black’s social media channels and aligned them with marketing and PR activities.
Metia was selected for its deep knowledge of the financial services industry and its integrated approach. This expertise allowed Platform Black to deliver its key messages consistently across a wide range of channels and touchpoints, and to do so efficiently, having only a small team of marketers in-house.
Integrated approach and deep industry knowledge
“It has been a great pleasure to work with Metia because of their unique mix of marketing and PR expertise, their focus on metrics and a deep understanding of our industry audiences,” said Diane Blinkhorn, Head of Marketing at Platform Black.
“It’s rare to find an agency which has built its business upon such a deep understanding of the industry. As a result, their creative ideas and strategic plans were on target and effective. Metia speaks the language of our industry and has undoubtedly helped Platform Black become a stronger, more credible brand in the alternative finance arena.”