Social Media Intern - Seattle
At Metia we create amazing experiences, ignite conversation, activate communities, inform customers and influence decision makers. We achieve these goals for our clients through a unique mix of marketing consulting, design, and development expertise. Our marketing services include web design and development, content strategy, mobile application development, social media programs, analyst and public relations, and email marketing throughout our offices in London, Singapore, Austin and Seattle.
Our team has a singular focus: to design and deliver the best marketing solutions in the world. In order to do that, we want to hire the best people in the business.
If you would like to be part of a dynamic, creative, and rewarding environment, Metia is the place for you!
As a Social Media Intern, you will be supporting cutting-edge integrated marketing strategies, while learning fundamental social media and community management skills. You will be working in an incredibly fast moving business, and have the opportunity to make valuable contributions.
This is a paid internship ($15 per hour). Hours are flexible and anticipated to be up to 40 hours per week.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Providing competitive research and analysis support.
- Helping with the collection and synthesis of quantitative and qualitative data from client marketing campaigns.
- Assisting with advertising and marketing promotional activities including social media, mobile, mail, email, web, telemarketing, and print.
- Assisting with search engine optimization strategies.
- Working with various databases.
- Drafting client communications, as well as content for blogs, the web, and social media.
- Providing coordination for projects both in the office and via conference call.
An ideal candidate will have:
- Basic familiarity with social media b2b marketing strategies and techniques, including experience with:
- Facebook for Business
- Twitter Ads
- LinkedIn Advertising
- Previous experience managing a social media community, including social listening and driving conversations
- A strong attention to detail
- The ability to create, review, and clearly explain custom analytical reports of social media activities
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to work successfully with people face-to-face as well as on the phone or over email
- Competence with Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- The ability to be collaborative and comfortable working as a team as well as independently, with guidance
- The ability to work with ambiguity and someone who is not afraid to ask questions
Life at Metia
Metia has a down-to-earth and professional approach to marketing and technology that is aligned to a results-oriented work ethic. Our objective is to create and maintain a working atmosphere that is challenging and rewarding.
Initiative is encouraged and rewarded, and there are no constraints to personal achievement. We remain committed to developing and extending our service offerings, and training our staff in anticipation of future industry developments. If you relish change, enjoy new challenges, and seek to excel at your profession, this is the environment for you.
To Apply, please click here.